Your home is one of your biggest assets, and it’s important to do all that you can to protect it. We’ll help you plan for the unexpected with insurance coverage that’s just right for you and your family.
Home insurance covers anywhere you might call “home”. It includes houses, condos, apartments, mobile homes, trailers, or any home (house, apartment etc.) that you rent. If you live in it or own it, we can create a customized policy to cover the building and/or the stuff inside.
Your home is both a valuable asset and the center of your life, so it’s extra-important to cover every risk with homeowners insurance. Get the right policy and you’ll take care of the small and large risks related to owning a house at the same time.
For example, a devastating fire could result in not just the total loss of your home, but financial ruin. Without adequate home insurance you could be left with no way of raising the funds to pay off the balance of the mortgage. Of course, homeowners insurance may also protect you from more common house-related incidents like pipe leaks, burglary of personal possessions and much more.
We write comprehensive policies with some of the best coverage in the business including replacement cost for your personal possessions, and even guaranteed replacement is available for your home itself.
Coverage you can expect to see on a standard homeowner policy:
- Risk Factor: Imagine you had a fire in your home. Besides the emotional impact, the physical damage to your home can be significant. If you lost your home to fire, do you have adequate insurance to replace your home and its contents? Remember, inflation rates on building materials and construction costs rarely track with real estate values. As a result, rebuilding a home can often cost significantly more than expected.
- Solution: Make sure your homeowners policy contains guaranteed replacement cost coverage or at the very least, an additional percentage of increased construction costs coverage. This protects you if the cost to reconstruct your home is higher than your current limit of coverage. Also be sure that your insurance includes rebuilding your home to code.(called Ordinance or Law coverage) Often, local ordinances and building codes change over time, which may require additional funds.
- Covers Perils such as: Fire & Smoke, Lightning Strikes, Windstorms & Hail, Explosion, Vandalism & Malicious Mischief, Damage from an Aircraft, or Vehicle, Theft, Falling Objects, Weight of ice, snow or sleet
Additional Coverage Options to Consider:
Policies vary greatly from company to company. What is standard with one, might be optional for another. The list below encompasses many types of coverage that may or may not be included with your current policy. If one or more of these options is important to you, please let your agent know and we ensure it is added to your policy.
- Risk Factor: You invite guests over for a pool party and one of your guests dives into the shallow end of the pool and is permanently injured. They hire a lawyer to represent them and after a long legal battle, you and your family are left financially responsible for their injuries. Do you have enough money in savings to cover your legal responsibilities as well as the legal defense costs?
- Solution: An umbrella or excess liability policy increases your personal liability limits by adding protection over and above your current auto, boat, or homeowners policies – providing real financial value, as well as priceless peace of mind. Excess liability insurance is available either by an endorsement to your homeowners policy or available as separate coverage.
Note: Actual policies vary and must be consulted for specific terms and conditions.
Your standard homeowner policy should include the following:
Consider the following optional endorsements: