WRITING COMMERCIAL AUTO
PROGRESSIVE – Required Commercial Auto Training
If you plan to write any commercial auto policies, you must first clear all risks with Jim Trivisonno or Shawnda McCollum for approval and complete the following web-based training on the Progressive site (Knowledge on Demand (opens in a new tab)”>Under Support>Knowledge on Demand).
These 5 webinars/videos/slide presentations take only minutes to complete and are required to write Commercial Auto business through Agency Associates Inc. **Please consider exploring more of the training available on the Progressive site as well.**
- Commercial Lines Training – New agent or need a refresher? Learn about Commercial Lines opportunity, coverages, quote, issue, underwriting and service processes.
- CL Products and Coverages – Learn about Progressive’s light commercial and heavy truck coverages which can be customized to meet the needs of your customers. 12 min.
- Commercial Auto truck underwriting expectations and appetite live video chat-Recording – Commercial lines business leaders discuss how to confidently market, quote and sell truck insurance.
- Commercial introduces USDOT rating-Recording – Introduction of USDOT rating for truck, contractor and business auto risks. *Required if writing USDOT risks
- Commercial Lines Broad Acceptance and Appetite – A 2-minute video explaining our Commercial Auto focus. 2 min.
Also review the following helpful PDFs:
- Commercial Auto Business List – Use this list to find over 1,000 business types to correctly quote Commercial Auto.
- Commercial Auto Driver Guidelines FAQs – Get answers to your questions about listing drivers on Commercial Auto policies.
- Commercial Auto Quoting Reference Card – Keep this mini-overview of FAO’s Commercial quoting and servicing screens handy.
- Commercial Business Class Tip Sheet
- Comparing Commercial and Personal Auto– A side-by-side comparison of Progressive Commercial and Personal Auto policies. Order at Progressive Marketing w/search keyword “Compare”.
- Get Started Quoting Heavy Truck Risks– Start quoting heavy truck with Progressive Commercial today with this handy one-page help sheet.
- Quote Sheet: Commercial Auto – Use this to gather information needed to quote Commercial Auto.
WRITING PERSONAL LINES
ERIE – Recommended Training
- How to use the Erie LMS system
- The 90-day New Agent training plan is a great way to get an overview of everything Erie has to offer as well as learning where to find information on the website so you don’t spend your life waiting for a call back from our already overworked team at Erie. It takes just minutes each day and by the end of the program, you’ll feel more prepared to sell Erie products.
- Discover Erie for CSAs for your office staff that will be interacting with clients and/or updating policies
- Standard Rate Increase Explanations
- Garage Auto 101 – Garage auto policies are one of the more confusing products to write. This 1 hour online class will give you the basics so you can write with confidence. If the link doesn’t work, log into your Erie portal, at the top, click resources & tools>education. At the bottom right of the education page is a box with a link to the Learning Management System (LMS). Click that and type “garage auto” in the search box to find this course.